Do You Want Your Youth Back ?
Fill the Form & Take 1st Step towards it!
Request A Callback?
Please fill this form.
FUT Hair Transplant In Jodhpur
Conventional, yet rewarding hair transplant technique to make the most of donor area supply with minimal wastage. Combined with FUE, can provide maximum number of scalp grafts over a single session.
What is FUT Hair Transplant
FUT or follicular unit transplant also known as “Strip surgery” is one of the most common and effectively used procedures, in the field of Hair transplant for years. It is a hair restoration technique where the naturally occurring group of 1-4 hairs called as follicular units are used as grafts. The difference between FUE and FUT is the method of obtaining these follicular units. FUT primarily involves, removing the hair bearing skin by using a scalpel, from the back of a person’s head. This gap is later meticulously sutured together leaving a faint linear scar, only visible if the head is completely shaven. The obtained strip of hair then further is divided into grafts, which consist of one or two follicles. These grafts are further implanted in the required/desired area, in a manner that resembles implantation with the FUE technique.
- Patient who presents with advanced stage of baldness with poor donor density
- Patient with loose scalp
- Old men
- Patient with reverse hair loss
How does FUT Hair transplant works?
In follicular unit transplantation, the surgeon excises an entire strip of hair from the donor area on the scalp. This step is called as strip harvesting. After this the excised strip is dissected to obtain smaller strips under stereo microscope.These strips are further cut by technicians to obtain follicular units. The area from where the strip is obtained is then approximated and sutured meticulously, leaving behind a faint linear scar. This ensures that the density of the donor area almost remains unchanged, while a large number of grafts can be obtained. Each Follicular unit obtained is counted as a graft, and 1-4 hair may be obtained from each unit.
Steps of FUT Hair transplant
PREPARATION OF THE PATIENT
Once the surgery is planned, there are few things need to be taken care of before the surgery itself. On the day of the surgery, the patient is prepared for the surgery by the trained staff.
One may be completely sedated, or be given only a local anaesthesia, or a combination of both may be used, to ensure utmost comfort and ease, with almost zero pain. To minimize the pain that may be felt while administering sedation of any form, anaesthetic gel & high frequency vibrations are used, to make the procedure seamless with respect to any pain.
The doctor/surgeon then makes long vertical incisions, in order to remove the strip of hair from the scalp, with the hair grafts, which are used for the Hair Transplant. The area of maximum density is carefully chosen to ensure long-term stability and good health of the transplanted hair.
STORAGE OF DONOR TISSUE
After the strip is obtained, wasting no time, it is immediately placed in a physiological solution, which minimizes the body’s natural response and provides longer viability, also allowing time for closure of the wound created by the strip removal.
SLIVERING & DISSECTION
The harvested strip is now divided into single layer of hair follicular units called as the Slivers. Each sliver is then further trimmed to get rid of any extra tissue. The obtained grafts are then separated individually, and then finally implanted in the bald area or the area to be treated/corrected.
CREATION OF THE RECIPIENT SITES
This is one of the most crucial steps in the procedure, involving a keen aesthetic eye, done with precision as this step decides how the resulting final look would be. To design and prepare the recipient site, fine blades or needles are used. The angulations of the transplanted hair are also decided in this step and creation done accordingly, depending on the natural hair growth of the person undergoing the procedure. A good surgeon will try their very best to ensure that the sites are created in such a way that the outcome appears completely natural.
The obtained grafts are then carefully placed into the created sites by the trained technicians. A repeat check is done at the end to ensure proper placement.
Post - Procedure Care
- The general post-operative instructions are same as any hair transplant surgery.
- Immediately after the FUT surgery, patient may have some discomfort in the donor area over the sutures. There may be some crusting over the suture line. In case of any oozing, a sterile gauze can be used to pat dry the area.
- However, as compared to other methods the recovery is a little slow and the patient would need to get sutures/staples removed between 7-10 days post operatively.
- There might be a dissolvable suture underneath the skin that will self-dissolve between 3-4 months post operatively. This can feel lumpy but will return to normal in no time.
- Results can be expected in the same way as any other surgery. The donor area leaves with a linear scar which is visible on shaving the head.
Advantage of FUT
- Large number of grafts in one session
- High yield of hair and less time consuming
- Affordable and natural results.
General post–operative complications are same as seen with FUE technique.
However, if someone inexperienced does the FUT procedure, several things could go wrong. For starters, the stitches or sutures could develop infection, pus, itching or redness. In addition, there can be some shedding of hair around the sutured area. It is important to note that the downtime for FUT may be slightly longer than FUE.
If the linear scar is of concern, it is important to remember that restoring scars after an FUT procedure may not be easy and can and should be handled only by a surgeon with immense experience. The methods by which improvement can be obtained is by implanting new hair follicles using the FUE method, or by using the W-plasty technique wherein the wound is excised and stitched and finally, there is the option of micropigmentation.
Why get it done Dr Aggarwals Clinic?
The fact that we are the leaders in this field should be enough to assist you in making the decision, but here are a few more that will push you in the right direction:
- Our team of surgeons have decades of experience, which means that the chances of anything going wrong with your transplant are minimal.
- While our doctors are the best at what they do, they are able to excel each time, because their support staff is just as good.
- The operating rooms are state of the art and extremely hygienic.
- We have equipment and tools that modern and extremely advanced.
Before & After
Get a Free Trial at Dr. Aggarwal's Clinic Jodhpur
Under Eye Dark Circle Treatment
Anti Ageing Treatment
Carbon Laser Facial
Laser Skin Resurfing Treatment
Laser tattoo removal Treatment
Pigmentation And Skin Whitening
Skin Polishing Treatment
Chemical Peeling Treatment
Vampire Lift Treatment
Call Us :
Email Us :