WHAT IS PHOTO REJUVENATION?
Photorejuvenation is a skin treatment that uses lasers, intense pulsed light, or photodynamic therapy to treat skin conditions and remove effects of photoaging such as wrinkles, spots, and textures. The process induces controlled wounds on the skin, prompting it to heal itself by creating new cells. This process reverses the signs of photoaging to a certain extent by removing appearances of damage.
Skin rejuvenation can be achieved through various modalities including: thermal, chemical, mechanical, injection, and light.
- Thermal rejuvenation using a radio-frequency device to induce a thermal effect in the skin.
- Chemical rejuvenation with chemical peels.
- Photo rejuvenation with light pulses from lasers or lamps.
- Mechanical rejuvenation by dermabrasion or microneedling damage the outer layers to promote skin regrowth.
- Injections for rejuvenation with botox, fillers, collagen.